Who's hacked the Linksys NAS200?

Anyone have any experience with the Hackability of the Linksys NAS200?

I realize that there's a lot out there on the Linksys NSLU2, but I'm looking into the NAS200 (it just looks beefier, for only a little more). It runs Linux just like the NSLU2, but a quick googling turned up nada. Are any of you Linksys Hackers? And if so, have any of you updated your NAS200? Or is the stock firmware SO SUPER GOOD that you don't need/want/arn't able to (I find the last one hard to buy, but who knows)?

posted by TrueVox to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: If LinksysInfo doesn't know about it, it doesn't exist.
posted by datacenter refugee at 4:37 PM on October 8, 2007

Best answer: NSLU2-Linux has some basic NAS200 info. It looks like the hackers haven't gotten very far with it yet.

You might also be interested in the Buffalo LinkStation and family, since they are similar to the NAS200
posted by mbrubeck at 4:37 PM on October 8, 2007

I dont think it's hackable yet

Here is some info I found.

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/NAS200/HomePage
posted by mphuie at 4:43 PM on October 8, 2007

You might consider the DNS 323, which is hackable, and is said to outperform the NAS200.
posted by dws at 9:25 PM on October 8, 2007

You can install Debian on some Thecus NAS boxes
posted by pharm at 1:37 PM on October 9, 2007

« Older Windows on Linux - without Windows   |   How much money would I need to live in the U.S.... Newer »