Lupus doctors, anyone?
September 27, 2007 4:32 PM   Subscribe

Does anyone know any kick-ass lupus doctors in the San Francisco Bay Area?

A friend of mine, who has the aggressive, organ-munching version of lupus, is in need of a new doctor.

Her current lupus doctor is mostly retired and no longer keeps up on new developments in the field. He's also not very available (he only works one day every two months).

If she has the luxury of choice, the east bay would be the most convenient, but anywhere in the bay area will work out.
posted by small_ruminant to Health & Fitness (2 answers total)
Your friend needs a rheumatologist. I'm nowhere near San Francisco, so I don't know the area. Here are some rheumys at UCSF, which might be a place to start. The Lupus Foundation of America also has some good resources, from asking professionals to posting to other patients (who might be able to recommend a rheumy from personal experience.)
posted by Oriole Adams at 5:38 PM on September 27, 2007

Try Stanford. My mom sees one of their docs in Palo Alto and had done fairly well.
posted by BrandonAbell at 2:02 PM on September 28, 2007

« Older social anxiety help   |   Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.