I need that awesome MetaFilter music knowledge

Help me identify a couple of unidentified mp3s!

So I accidentally reformatted my drive a few weeks ago, and I was able to recover a good chunk of my data, but the process destroyed my filename and folder structure-- all I've got is data. Luckily, mp3 filenames can usually be reconstructed from the ID3 data-- but not this time!

I've got a couple of songs and all it would say is it's called "The Title" by "The Author." I've no idea what these songs are, Google doesn't give me much (granted, lyrics are sparse), and I've never heard them before (which is not surprising, given how much random songs I've got...).

One song has a poppy, techno sound and has a robotic voice saying "Why don't you give me some robot love" over and over again.

The second is also electronica/dance but different. There's a strong dance beat with a woman vocalizing on top, pretty standard stuff. At about two minutes in it changes a little a male voice comes in, I can't make out everything he says but he recites "Downtown east side, west side, south side, downtown, suburb, suburb" several times. Then it returns to the woman.

Here's the files if you want to give it a listen:
Song #1
Song #2
(I'll take them offline once they're identified or the question is posted too long...)

I've seen questions like this posted and someone always knows exactly what the poster is talking about in the first post or so; I'm hoping this is one of them!
posted by lou to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

A google search of your lyric sample for Song #1 returns the EP "Robots Smile Too" but it doesn't say which specific song.
posted by amyms at 7:52 PM on September 26, 2007

It's not on Robots Smile Too
posted by aubilenon at 8:10 PM on September 26, 2007

the trance.nu forums are good for this kind of thing.
posted by softlord at 6:12 AM on September 27, 2007

Have you tried getting the fingerprint off MusicBrainz?
posted by mkb at 6:32 AM on September 27, 2007

Response by poster: MusicBrainz gave me no love, either.
posted by lou at 10:48 AM on September 27, 2007

« Older What the hell did my cat puke up?   |   How to balance social life with full load of... Newer »