Where should we get married in DFW?

Nice cheap or free places to get married in Dallas/Fort Worth?

My fiancé and I are set to be married next weekend and are looking for a cheap, preferably free place to have the ceremony. Does anyone have something in mind? I know I can Google it, but I'm more interested in real-life opinion than I am a search results list. (And I have Googled it.)

The wedding will be very low key (hence the quick planning) with only a few friends and family. We like scenic places outdoors with views and lakes and streams and gazebos and trees and flora and fauna. Perhaps a public park or something with a little space for the guests to stand?

Thanks in advance!
posted by sublivious to Human Relations (4 answers total)

TWU's Little Chapel in the Woods is both cheap and charming.
posted by kaseijin at 11:36 AM on September 25, 2007

I got married at TWU's Little Chapel in the Woods (Denton, TX) in 2001 and it was $200 for two hours.
posted by moosedogtoo at 1:11 PM on September 25, 2007

I'm not sure if it's free or not, but I would put an enthusiastic vote in for the Arboretum. Just gorgeous.
posted by AngerBoy at 3:19 PM on September 25, 2007

My stepsister was married at the Arboretum and they had to book space well in advance. However, they needed prep space and had a big group with chairs and all of that...since you're doing a low-key ceremony, I think you could easily do it guerrilla-style and just show up.

There's a pretty Japanese garden in Forth Worth (here) - and now that I think about it, that might've been where that same stepsister got engaged.

There are several gazebo and fountain parks in Highland Park, so you might drive around a bit and see if anything looks nice. (Lakeside has a long stretch of nice green.)

I'd also try skimming issues of D Magazine.

Congratulations!
posted by lhall at 6:38 AM on September 26, 2007

« Older Why do lorries try to overtake on hills?   |   You Were Killed by Fluffy Wumpkins Newer »