Anyone recall a sheet music joke piece?

Searching for a joke musical "piece" somewhat like this.

lekvar recently made a comment referring to the above musical joke.

It jogged my memory... I'd seen a similar kind of thing something on the order of a dozen years ago, while I was still doing music competitions. The only thing I remember about it is that it was a prelude, and the starting tempo was, "Faster" (which I found totally hilarious at the time). Anyone have any idea what this might have been or where I can find it? I seem to recall it being a little more subtle than lekvar's reference (funny as that is).
posted by sappidus to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Is there anything in this thread?
posted by ALongDecember at 8:50 PM on September 18, 2007

I don't know if it'll help, but I found the one I linked to here, and there's more examples of notation humor .
posted by lekvar at 9:13 PM on September 18, 2007

I think I remember a P.D.Q. Bach score with a starting tempo of "faster". It's been years, though.
posted by hades at 9:27 PM on September 18, 2007

ALongDecember's link has it; it's "Prelude and The Last Hope in C and C# Minor" by John Stump.
posted by clavicle at 9:03 AM on September 19, 2007

« Older Tell Me About your Favorite Elementary School...   |   How do you set this watch? Newer »