Where to find Hillary Clinton DNC Speeches?

Where can I find the text/transcript (or even better a video) of Hillary Clinton's speech at the 1992 Democratic National Convention. I've got her speeches from 1996, 2000, and 2004, but can't find 1992. If you know where I can get my hands on videos of the other speeches, that'd be great, too. Thanks!
posted by maryn to Law & Government (2 answers total)

Just so you know, I checked Nexis and couldn't find any speech text. More importantly, I couldn't find any news stories about her making a speech to the whole convention. (She spoke to various meetings of state delegations.)
Granted, it was a cursory search, but I think it's possible she didn't actually address the convention. I found a convention agenda in the LA Times that does not mention Hillary speaking at all.
What's interesting is that this was the big "year of the women" convention, with both Feinstein and Boxer running for senate and given prime speaking spots. But Hillary was still being beat up over her crack about baking cookies and they may have decided to keep her under wraps. Also, it may be that wives didn't speak until 1996. I don't know the history there.
posted by CunningLinguist at 6:30 AM on September 3, 2007

I just found a Washington Times schedule that doesn't have her listed either. Earlier in my research, someone mentioned hearing her speak at the convention in '92, so I just assumed she must have spoke and kept looking.

Since neither of these mentions her, I'm just going to assume she didn't.

posted by maryn at 4:43 PM on September 3, 2007

« Older Cheap, cosmopolitan city near Australia?   |   Help me build a treehouse Newer »