Pictures with lights behind them to make them look hd?
August 28, 2007 10:38 PM   Subscribe

I'm trying to find those pictures that light up to make them look more hi-def, and I can't seem to find anything because I don't know what they're called or what to search for. They look like hdtvs kind of, except with a picture. Some of them have flowing water, well it looks like it's flowing because of the lights, and that's about as good as I can describe them. I've seen them in stores and I've been interested in getting one, but I wanted to look at some online first. Thanks for your help.
posted by CliffDiving44 to Technology (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Are you looking for hdr pictures?
posted by Papa Mango at 10:51 PM on August 28, 2007

I Googled 'moving waterfall pictures' and came up with a large selection of retailers.

This place even lets you create a personalised picture.
posted by essexjan at 10:58 PM on August 28, 2007

"Lighted Moving Picture" found me the best hits.
posted by Ambrosia Voyeur at 11:01 PM on August 28, 2007

Arg, I was just going to jump all in this thread with this. Good going EJ and AV!
posted by SassHat at 11:09 PM on August 28, 2007

Do you run a Chinese food restaurant? Because that's the only place I've seen them. Do they all have speakers, or is it deluxe models only?
posted by kyleg at 12:40 AM on August 29, 2007 [3 favorites]

Yeah, "moving fiber optic pictures" works too. Those things drive me nuts.
posted by Myself at 1:08 AM on August 29, 2007

the only places i've seen these for sale are
1) a mall kiosk
2) a video store parking lot
posted by white light at 6:39 AM on August 29, 2007

I've seen animated landscapes that are beer promos. Like this one, which is described as a "panoramic rippler."
posted by adamrice at 7:10 AM on August 29, 2007

« Older Poster/Print Resource?   |   Is there any reason for concern if my maid, a... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.