Bones teleplay?

Where can I find some scripts of the TV show Bones?

I want to write a spec script for the show Bones, but google and the popular script sites don't have any actual teleplays. I do not want a transcript. I want a script from the show that I can read to get a better feel for the show.
posted by clockworkjoe to Media & Arts (6 answers total)

Like these?
posted by chrisroberts at 10:39 AM on August 28, 2007

You can find print scripts but you may have trouble finding them online since they're usually fly-by-night photocopies that are violating the production company's copyright.

When I was in Seattle last year we went to a comic & movie junk shop at Pike's Market and they had a few hundred movie and tv show scripts for sale, most priced under $20.

Look for movie paraphernalia shops in your city. They may or may not cop to having scripts if you call them on the phone.
posted by phearlez at 10:46 AM on August 28, 2007

Hollywood Book and Poster will sell you pretty much any script out there.

(But I would think twice before speccing Bones.)
posted by thehmsbeagle at 10:51 AM on August 28, 2007

Chris: Those are transcripts, not actual scripts.

HMSbeagle: Why not? I want to write a crime show and it's better than CSI and I am not a legal expert so I can't write L&O.
posted by clockworkjoe at 11:06 AM on August 28, 2007

In case you don't know this: if you want to get a job writing Bones, the very last thing you should do is write a Bones spec and send it in.

They won't even read it for fear they produce an episode later which resembles your idea and you sue them.

You should write a spec for a broadly similar show.
posted by AmbroseChapel at 8:55 PM on August 28, 2007

I never said I wanted to write for Bones. I want to write a crime show spec script and I chose Bones because it is an interesting show that will last at least another season or two.

I've written spec scripts before. :)
posted by clockworkjoe at 10:52 PM on August 28, 2007

« Older Talismania or Pipe Dream clone for the DS?   |   How can I feel more gregarious? Newer »