Identify these scenes: LA's Stack, a bull, a 60's Alfa, a clock, an explosion

Can you identify these scenes? LA's highway Stack, a bull in an arena, a 60's Alfa Romeo radio, a wall clock, and an explosion.

I'm trying to find the origin of a couple of scenes, all of them from movies produced or distributed by Warner. All of those are definitely pre-1993, and most probably pre-1985. The shots were taken from La Classe Américaine, a French parody movie from 1993 that used sequences from other movies and re-dubbed them to create a whole new story, which a friend is restoring.

The first scene (first shot and second shot, ignore the text) shows the first four-level interchange in Los Angeles, aka The Stack, built in 1953. We have already found similar scenes in Hollywood Boulevard (1976), Helter Skelter (1976), and Death Wish II (1982).

The second scene (first shot, second shot, and third shot, but ignore the western scene at the beginning) shows a bull, probably in a corrida arena. Similar scenes exist in The Valley of Gwangi, Around the World in 80 Days, The Miracle, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service and Quo Vadis.

The third scene is a wall clock.

The fourth scene is a late 60's a US-model Blaupunkt Frankfurt or Blaupunkt Essen, most probably in an Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider. We've found similar scenes in The Omega Man (1971), Rebel Without a Cause (1955), Every Which Way but Loose (1978), Rock and Roll High School (1979), 10 (1979), and Any Which Way You Can (1980). We've watched all the movies marked as featuring a Spider on IMCDb, with no success.

Number five is an explosion that goes up in a mushroom cloud. It isn't from Mad Max, When Time Ran Out…, Bullitt, Hooper, Beyond the Poseidon Adventure or City Beneath the Sea.

I'd be really impressed if you could identify even one of those!
posted by stereo to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

The fifth one looks like an explosion from Hellfighters. That was the first thing that popped into my mind when watching the gif.
posted by amyms at 5:37 AM on August 28, 2007

Oops, sorry, I missed the Warner part of your question. Hellfighters was released by Universal.
posted by amyms at 5:39 AM on August 28, 2007

Sure the car isn't this one from Paul Newman's Blaze?
posted by misha at 8:36 AM on August 28, 2007

misha: What leads you towards a Cadillac? This 67 Fleetwood Cadillac interior shot looks quite different to me, while this and that look pretty close. The Alfa has been confirmed by a couple of people already.

Oh, and the text on the shot in the fourth scene ("Paul Newman") should be ignored too. Paul Newman might or might not be in any of those movies. Sorry.
posted by stereo at 12:42 PM on August 28, 2007

Um, because I spent way too much time looking for an old Paul Newman movie with a car featured in it? Doh. Sorry I can't help.
posted by misha at 2:05 PM on August 28, 2007

Update for anyone still reading this: The Arrangement has the scene with the radio in the Duetto and The Stack scene.
posted by stereo at 2:31 PM on August 30, 2007

« Older I don't want to rush her but the bottom line is...   |   Grad school in Ireland - Need to know? Newer »