Looking for a family law attorney

Can anyone recommend an attorney in the Boston, MA area who specializes in family law (specifically involving parental visitation rights) and preferably offering a free consultation? I've looked through many directories, but my inherent distrust of lawyers seems to be getting in the way.
posted by Cat Pie Hurts to Human Relations (7 answers total)

I can't help with specific suggestions, but I would observe that attorneys that offer free consultations don't tend to be as good as those who charge, in my experience.
posted by Lame_username at 8:17 AM on August 27, 2007

I know this attorney and can tell you that she is intelligent and dedicated. I think you'll find most attorneys will at the very least give you a free phone consult, which they can bill to client development.
posted by Bezuhin at 8:35 AM on August 27, 2007

Atwood & Cherny is one of the top ones in Boston. I have referred personal friends there and they have been satisfied.
posted by Ironmouth at 8:53 AM on August 27, 2007

On the off-chance that you can qualify for low-income assistance, Greater Boston Legal Services offers family law services for free/cheap, depending on your circumstances.
posted by Banky_Edwards at 11:28 AM on August 27, 2007

Robin Chaykin is very good and I think will give you a free consultation. Her firm offers a great small firm feel (and rates), in contrast to a firm like Atwood. I agree with Bezuhin's assessment of the phone consults. I think most will at least do that.
posted by smallstatic at 1:15 AM on August 28, 2007

Thanks everyone. I'm going to start with this list of people. Hopefully this will put me in the right direction.
posted by Cat Pie Hurts at 11:43 AM on August 28, 2007

This firm is terrific, but on the high end.
posted by mozhet at 8:50 PM on August 29, 2007

« Older Ayuda me, por favor!   |   Need a good short quote in 42 characters Newer »