Hivemind, I need your schedule-fu

Two-parter for the hard-core Blackberry Guru (BB Pearl 8100): Part the first--Sync-utopia; Part the second--sync-nirvana. There is, of course

Recently got a Pearl, and am largely convinced that it is the shiznit. I seek SyncUtopia:

-Help me synch my Pearl with gCal and Thunderbird's calendar plugin (Lightning/Provider add-ons) with my BB's scheduling app. I can update via the handheld, but I haven't had any luck getting it to download properly, which is seriously lame. I've seen the various comment threads here and elsewhere, pored through the contents of LifeHacker, tried ScheduleWorld and a couple of other things; what worked for you?

-SyncNirvana: Help me sync my tasks in the bb's Task app with the above, or point me at a task manager that replaces the default one.

I've already grokked google's snazzy quick-add feature (whereby I can send SMS to 48368 and it sets up an appt per my specs), but racking up sms charges sucks. I have t-mobile's Blackberry unlimited plan, and want to take advantage of the plan to its fullest, while not incurring charges on top of it.

Followup question upon rereading: Is Thunderbird serving a purpose here, or am I using it because I like it, as opposed to using it because it's really worth using with the other tools at my disposal?

Lastly: I seek task-sync-and-tracking advice. I have the laptop and now the blackberry. I work in an environment where I cannot access gmail, nor can I bring my phone into the building. Suggestions on how to keep myself more or less on the same page with myself (so to speak)?
posted by Emperor SnooKloze to Technology (1 answer total)

You may also want to look over at blackberryforums.
posted by b1tr0t at 6:41 PM on August 26, 2007

« Older I swear it's for comedy not piracy   |   East Germany after the wall fell? Newer »