Where to spend Rosh Hashanah in London?

A young professional Jewish woman of my acquaintance is moving to London for about a year and would love to find some community that might be welcoming to a stranger for the holidays. Suggestions as to places to meet (reform preferred) Jews, websites, etc. would be welcome.
posted by Patrick Graham to Travel & Transportation around London, England (4 answers total)

Conservative or Reform?
posted by matteo at 2:02 PM on August 25, 2007

(look, I won't have time to follow this thread until Monday, email me if you need anything: but if she's Conservative the New London Synagogue is a good choice; if she's Reform, I'm sure the Sternberg Center can help her out)
posted by matteo at 2:10 PM on August 25, 2007

You can find Reform (or, as they're called in Europe, "Progressive," or "Liberal") congregations worldwide by querying the World Union for Progressive Judaism's [WUPJ] website.

Here's the listing of all the Liberal congregations in the UK.

There's quite a bunch of them, so your friend may want to check out their individual websites to get a good feel of the culture of each individual synagogue.

Best of luck - and l'shana tova to her!
posted by AngerBoy at 3:22 PM on August 25, 2007

Reform preferred and thank you both for the suggestions.
posted by Patrick Graham at 10:03 AM on August 27, 2007

« Older Why does Address Book pop in unexpectedly?   |   How can I move my desktop computer across the... Newer »