Needed: the ultimate paper hanging system?

We need to install a hanging system on our conference room wall that will allow us to easily swap paper items of various sizes and thicknesses (posters, printer proofs, regular ol' paper). The space is about 4 feet wide. Does anyone have any experience with this thing? Hangman Products Clip-it Strip Reminds me of the strips that were installed at the top of chalkboards in grade school. It seems like they were never strong enough and teachers struggled to keep things in there. Any other product recommendations?
posted by Typographica to Shopping (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I've used ones that look like this one and they're strong. It's a gravity-based system with a metal rod that rolls down to pinch paper in place. It's very secure.
posted by GuyZero at 12:38 PM on August 24, 2007

I saw a wall covered with sheet metal, then painted over to match the rest of the room. A full wall for sticking up paper with magnets. Very handy.
posted by trinity8-director at 1:56 PM on August 24, 2007

I suggest magnetic paint (or sheet-metal). Requires magnets, but better than those strips that can't move where you want them to. Magnets are free-form, strips are rigid.
posted by philomathoholic at 3:45 PM on August 24, 2007

Restaurant order holder. A good friend bought one about 4 feet long (they come in various sizes -- mine is about 18 inches). Basically a metal strip that folds over at the top and contains a long row of marbles. Gravity + friction = good holding power. Requires no magnets, and they're very cheap.

Try restaurant supply stores. If you happen to be in Toronto, the stores on Spadina carry them.
posted by mrmcsurly at 6:35 PM on August 24, 2007

Great idea, mcsurly. found a 60-incher for $30. Do you use yours for checks or something larger? Just want to be sure they have the power to hold more than what they were made for.
posted by Typographica at 3:44 PM on August 25, 2007

The slightly more expensive Tuck-A-Note brand claims it will hold any weight check, from lightweight paper to heavy card stock.
posted by Typographica at 4:01 PM on August 25, 2007

I use them for large sheets of paper (movie-poster size) when we're sketching creative concepts for advertising or brainstorming. They seem to hold up fine.
posted by mrmcsurly at 9:46 PM on August 26, 2007

Rad. Thanks again.
posted by Typographica at 11:02 PM on August 26, 2007

« Older Really cheap US incoming telephone service.   |   I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you Newer »