Instant Messaging on Blackberry Pearl

How can I get MSN Instant Messaging or Gtalk on my Blackberry Pearl?

I have a Blackberry Pearl from Cingular (AT&T now) and I'd like to use either MSN IM or Gtalk IM on it. Everywhere I search for this seems to say use Blackberry messenger to set up those accounts, but I can't figure out how to do that. Any advice is most appreciated as I spent 2 hours searching for solutions and consulting the manual and couldn't find anything useful.
posted by cell divide to Technology (5 answers total)

Also, since you refernced not being able to find blackberry messanger,

google://blackberry messenger.
posted by SirStan at 10:23 AM on August 21, 2007

Just a note, some carriers will block Gtalk and maybe MSN (not sure about that one, it's much newer).

So if you find a download link and it won't work you may want to call your carrier and double check that it isn't blocked.

I believe the rationale is that if you're using messaging, you're not using SMS. Which they profit from, etc.
posted by heavenstobetsy at 12:30 PM on August 21, 2007

Related: AOL Instant Messenger on a bb? That's free? That's not Ramble IM?
posted by Pants! at 2:04 PM on August 21, 2007

You can get pretty much all clients using Shape software various clients. They also do a Skype and Remove desktop.

Note: I haven't used them myself so YMMV
posted by dasfreak at 5:12 PM on August 21, 2007

« Older How does the space shuttle landing affect ATC in...   |   Psychic in Denver? Newer »