Looking for stand made out of paper and obscure envelope.

Papercraft! Looking for two obscure things made from paper.

For a little self-promotion thing that I am throwing together. The first thing is something like a 'Plate Easel'. Check out the hinged examples here and here

Basically I need something that can be folded flat, with the footprint of about the size of a postcard, then assembled and hold up something the size of a postcard :)

The second thing is a small negative envelope. Sort of like the one shown here, but much smaller. Like business card size. To hold, wait for it, a business card.

I could easily make a dieline for both of these things and have them printed, but I would like to avoid that cost if possible, so if anyone knows anyplace in the world where I could possibly procure one of these items, I will shower you with rubies. Bonus rubies for outlets in Australia.
posted by LongDrive to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Off the top of my head, for the business cards, you might want to look into Credit Card Sleeves, which I happened across on one of the sites you link to.

Let me see if I can't find something for your 'Plate Easel.'
posted by B(oYo)BIES at 4:57 AM on August 20, 2007

Ok... As far as the Plate Easel Post Card Easel goes, Why not create one of these yourself? You can laugh at my work if you want, but I am dealing with a lack of resources here. Here are a couple of pictures of a Post Card Easel I just created with some regular multi-use office paper. If you used card stock the easel would be 100x stronger.
Take an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of say 65lb card stock and cut 2" off the width. - We now have a 6 1/2" x 11".

Fold it in half.

Now fold the two edges about 3/4".

Open it up and make adjustments so the back flap sits flat and the front flap holds your card.
posted by B(oYo)BIES at 5:58 AM on August 20, 2007

This was a total lifesaver and you shall receive a lifetime supply of precious stones. If you would like to see the result of your help, email me at the address in my profile for a photo!
posted by LongDrive at 3:58 AM on September 4, 2007

« Older Dublin to Galway advice?   |   Help me find out more about this company and this... Newer »