looking for a Charles Rennie Mackintosh design

Please help me find a book or full picture of a certain Charles Rennie Mackintosh design.

This is the top half of a Charles Rennie Mackintosh design that appears to be called "The Lady and the Rose" or "Lady with Rose". It also appears, in needlepoint form, here.

I'm looking for a book that this picture might be in, or a nice, clear, larger online picture.
posted by Lucinda to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

http://www.lasercutit.co.uk/gsa.htm

Looks like it might cost some
posted by longsleeves at 7:30 PM on August 19, 2007

I can't help you with the book, but there is a CRM CD collection which comes with 2 fonts he designed, as well as 2700 various scalable images, and that design is one of them. Just in case you can't find it anywhere else. It's available in a bunch of places, it seems.
posted by iconomy at 7:36 PM on August 19, 2007

The image also appears on the doors of a cabinet he designed, if you want to search for that.

In the unlikely event you can't find a better image online or in a book, I can send you a postcard bearing a photo of the cabinet. (I happened to have a Mackintosh postcard book next to my computer when I saw your question. Incidentally, the postcard book was published by Benedikt Taschen Verlag, Germany.)

In the postcard photo, the cabinet doors are opened wide, so the image is not narrowed by skewed perspective as in the linked photo. But since it's a postcard-sized image, the twin designs on the cabinet doors are correspondingly small. Surely you can find a better image, but I'd be happy to pop a stamp on it and drop it in the mail tomorrow. My email's in my profile.
posted by Elsa at 8:25 PM on August 19, 2007

Got your email this afternoon; I'll drop the postcard in the mail this evening!
posted by Elsa at 6:11 PM on August 20, 2007

Thanks for the postcard, Elsa! It's the best picture of it I've found so far... :)
posted by Lucinda at 8:53 AM on August 27, 2007

« Older I'm to sad to think of a funny title.   |   Get me through Seattle! Newer »