I need my taco fix.

I'm looking for a great breakfast taco joint in north Dallas...

Recently moved to Little Elm and born and raised in San Antonio so I know what's good - any suggestions?
posted by doorsfan to Food & Drink (6 answers total)

Taco Cabana chorizo breakfast tacos....yummy (there are several in Dallas).
posted by nzero at 11:00 AM on August 16, 2007

I don't consider Taco Cabana breakfast tacos "great" (nothing personal, nzero -- but I am prejudiced against chains when it comes to Tex-Mex), but it's true there's little else up here. Manny's doesn't do breakfast.

Have you tried La Unica Taqueria in old downtown Frisco? I've never been, but I would wager that it's good; it's got all the markings. In the same area, you might also take a drive east down Main Street from the DNT in the morning... I wouldn't be surprised to spot a catering truck (which of course have the best best breakfast tacos).
posted by pineapple at 11:11 AM on August 16, 2007

pineapple, I'd agree with you in general, but I have a particular fondness for Taco Cabana's chorizo breakfast tacos.
posted by nzero at 11:22 AM on August 16, 2007

yummm, sounds good. Thanks! I guess when Rudy's opens up in Frisco my attention will turn there :)
posted by doorsfan at 12:56 PM on August 16, 2007

All of the taquerias on Harry Hines between Royal and NW Highway or Walnut Hill between 35 and Monroe will have what you need.
posted by Uncle Jimmy at 2:07 PM on August 16, 2007

doorsfan, I'm late to the game here but Taco Bueno now serves breakfast tacos and they're reeeeeealy good.
posted by item at 6:26 PM on September 5, 2007

« Older Mystery sink   |   Diy wifi setup issues Newer »