What is this giant red and orange cone-shaped thing?
August 6, 2007 12:44 PM   Subscribe

What is this large red and orange checkerboarded cone I saw on I-5 somewhere around Olympia, WA?
posted by 0xFCAF to Grab Bag (11 answers total)
Part of a waterslide.
posted by The World Famous at 12:48 PM on August 6, 2007

Yep, looks just like the "Alien Invasion" waterslide at Splish Splash in NY. It's a pretty rad ride, you should ride it once it's complete. Unless they're dismantling it, in which case I guess you missed out.
posted by uncleozzy at 12:51 PM on August 6, 2007

I guess the legs on the right would support the main slope of the slide, which is not present in the photo.
posted by smackfu at 1:00 PM on August 6, 2007

The manufacturer's name for this is a ProSlide Tornado. They are supposedly a lot of fun.
posted by mmascolino at 1:12 PM on August 6, 2007

Yep. Waterslide.
posted by dios at 1:51 PM on August 6, 2007

posted by Mach5 at 2:13 PM on August 6, 2007

Makes sense now - with all the construction nearby, the place looked like a factory. The absurdity of building an outdoor waterpark in Washington state compounded my initial disbelief in the waterslide theory, but it looks like this new place will be indoor with the slide leading otuside. Neat.
posted by 0xFCAF at 2:22 PM on August 6, 2007

Proslide in action. (youtube)
posted by wsg at 2:51 PM on August 6, 2007

I want to amend my previous answer. I had a chance to ride one of these last week and indeed they are loads of fun.
posted by mmascolino at 11:04 AM on August 20, 2007

this is why I love metafilter. I drove by the same thing today, and wondered what it was...
posted by saladpants at 5:52 PM on January 20, 2008

« Older screen printers in the bay area?   |   Helvetica Neue == Neue Helvetica? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.