Where are more Bay Area Parcourses?

Where are all the Parcourse trails in the Bay Area?

I've been kind of obsessed with Parcourse lately - you know, those old wooden exercise stations you see along jogging and walking trails. I'm hoping to take a personal tour of Bay Area Parcourses. I know South City's Bay Trail, Mountain Lake Park, the Polo Fields at GG Park and Lake Merced. Tell me about your favorite Parcourses (even your not so favorite)!
posted by lulu103 to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (15 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Lake Elizabeth in Fremont and DeAnza College in Cupertino had par courses 10 years ago. I don't know if they're still there.
posted by Soda-Da at 4:39 PM on July 30, 2007

This blog post talks about three possible parcourses in berkeley, and seems to support my memory of seeing parcourses at the berkeley marina (I'm thinking of the park on the east side of 80, across the ped bridge, which also has a frisbee golf course).
posted by fishfucker at 5:19 PM on July 30, 2007

There's one along the long bike trail in Foster City - I think it's officially named Leo Ryan Park.
posted by synapse at 5:19 PM on July 30, 2007

There seem to be some of those stations along some of the Foster City sections of the Bay Trail (and adjacent paths). Also, Stanford has one along Palm Drive.
posted by R343L at 5:27 PM on July 30, 2007

should have previewed

There was on on Moffett Field back when I lived there. Which was uhh, oh man, 20 years ago now.
posted by ctmf at 7:08 PM on July 30, 2007

Oops, make that 30 years.
posted by ctmf at 7:09 PM on July 30, 2007

There's one on the Lafayette-Moraga trail.
posted by spiny at 7:17 PM on July 30, 2007

I think I saw one down at Candlestick Point.
posted by alexei at 7:46 PM on July 30, 2007

Also around Oracle and the Sofitel at Redwood Shores.
posted by rhizome at 7:57 PM on July 30, 2007

I know that there's at least a station at Lake Merritt in Oakland on Grand Avenue near the freeway overpass. I don't know if it's a whole course or not. (Can't think of where other stations might be, I haven't seen any others around the lake.)

I've also seen a station in fairfield, near (what I think was) the West Texas freeway entrance on the N/W side of the freeway.

Not sure if either/both of these are isolated stations or part of real courses. (Also pretty sure Fairfield is not part of the Bay Area, okay, maybe the Suisun Bay area...)
posted by prettyboyfloyd at 8:37 PM on July 30, 2007

Town Park in Corte Madera still had one last time I was there (which was a couple years ago). It was mostly near the Northwest corner of the park, as I recall.
posted by Acetylene at 8:59 PM on July 30, 2007

In Campbell, beginning at about
Lat. 37.285601, Long. -121.939447
and running southwest toward Vasona Lake.
posted by ctmf at 12:09 AM on July 31, 2007

There's one at Marina Park in San Leandro with a nice view of the of the Oakland airport.
posted by ericales at 4:22 AM on July 31, 2007

Mill Valley, on the bike path.
posted by Four Flavors at 3:06 PM on July 31, 2007

« Older Are internships necessary?   |   How can I see what applications are accessing the... Newer »