Help me prepare to prepare my web project.

I'm in the very early phases of putting together a special-interest web site, which will begin as a blog but could eventually add other features. For at least the first year or two, I expect to lose money on this. Eventually, I hope to cover my costs or maybe even make a small (very small) profit with advertising. What business, tax and technology considerations should I keep in mind as I get going?

For example, should I incorporate a business before I register the domain name and launch? Are there books I should read on sideline businesses? On building online community?
posted by croutonsupafreak to Computers & Internet (1 answer total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Number 1 started a blog just for you.

Tech tip: If you expect to get sudden increases in traffic (e.g. from an article that gets a lot of publicity), make sure you choose a host that can handle it without shutting down your site or charging you usurious fees.
posted by mbrubeck at 8:59 PM on July 23, 2007 [1 favorite]

« Older You can't say that!   |   Films with very small casts? Newer »