Will you help me remember the title of this book?

Please help me remember the title of a particular fictional, young-adult book from the 80s or maybe 90s.

I've been trying to find the title of this book off and on for years. I've googled/yahooed/amazonned it to no avail. I've also asked the question on other answer sites with a similar lack of success. Here is what I can remember.

- The main character's alias is ZOZ. This is the name he uses when he gets a high score on an arcade game (because of the three letter limit of the high score lists).

- The book is centered around the town's arcade. There might be some sort of conflict where the parents of the town try to, or do, shut it down.

- The characters are all teenagers. The main character, Zoz, loses his virginity to one of the female game players. This part of the book happens at the beginning of a chapter and is written almost like a concrete poem.

- I think there is also a fight between Zoz and another one of the boys.

Thanks in advance.
posted by poopdbq to Grab Bag (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Could it be Game Over or Worthy Opponent? Or maybe a book from 1983 called Video War?
posted by iconomy at 8:43 PM on July 21, 2007

This storyline sounds familiar to me too. Video War certainly has that concrete poem you mentioned.
posted by hot soup girl at 6:25 AM on July 22, 2007

So, poopdbq...any comments?
posted by iconomy at 10:32 AM on July 22, 2007

It was Video War. Thanks for your help.
posted by poopdbq at 1:56 PM on July 22, 2007

I just came here to ask this question, and have been similarly flummoxed by google searches. AskMetafilter rules!
posted by dirtdirt at 11:39 AM on July 7, 2008

« Older A Cat's Life Might Just Be Hanging in the Balance   |   What should we do now that we've discovered a... Newer »