Scanning job application for editing?

Is there a way to Scan a Job application via scanner then fill out the application with word or other word processors?

I have the worlds worst handwriting. I would like to scan a job application with my scanner and then type in the required information. Is this possible? I'd use a typewriter, but I don't have one laying around here. Any help would be appreciated.
posted by tradeer33 to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Sure - scan it in, save it as a PDF, and open it using Foxit reader. Foxit is a program similar to Adobe reader, but it allows you to type on the pdf and then save or print it out.
posted by kdern at 2:30 PM on July 18, 2007 [1 favorite]

super fast. thanks a lot.
posted by tradeer33 at 2:34 PM on July 18, 2007

Note that Foxit Reader will leave `watermarks' in your document. Adobe Pro... (whatever it's called) can remove them. I don't know if they will show up when you print it out.
posted by philomathoholic at 6:50 PM on July 18, 2007

« Older Are the graphics cards that install through the PC...   |   How Do I use the cool air in my basement to cool... Newer »