What horror movie is this??

What horror movie is this? Guy goes to cabin...his bride comes back from the dead to find him because he promised to always love her. Her disembodied head haunts him. She's in the mirror at some point. I think there's a storm. Sounds kind of like Evil Dead I or II, but it isn't. It's scary. That's all I remember...I saw it sometime in the late '80s on television. Anyone?
posted by jruckman to Media & Arts (11 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I remembered this thread, seems like it might possibly be related.
posted by teleskiving at 2:36 AM on July 17, 2007

It sounds exactly like an episode of The Outer Limits.
posted by odinsdream at 5:05 AM on July 17, 2007

That COULD be Cemetery Man...
posted by kittens for breakfast at 5:30 AM on July 17, 2007

Oh, wait, no -- I glossed over the late '80s part. Hurm.
posted by kittens for breakfast at 5:31 AM on July 17, 2007

Cemetery Man was the first thing I thought of too... but 1994 is the verrry late '80s.
posted by jessenoonan at 5:44 AM on July 17, 2007

There was an episode of Tales from the Crypt where a guy accidentally overdosed a woman on a Haitian love potion, and she died but came back for him anyways, rotting flesh and all.
posted by neckro23 at 5:54 AM on July 17, 2007

Nevermind... neckro23 has it.
posted by odinsdream at 6:19 AM on July 17, 2007

When it comes to stories about zombies, I'd tend to trust neckro23. This also sounds a lot like an episode of Tales from the Dark Side, but I can't get a decent show listing for the series right now.
posted by boo_radley at 6:26 AM on July 17, 2007

It sounds a little bit like the the 60s horror movie Tormented, featuring a disembodied head which appears in photos and mirrors and things, but the head belongs to his jilted lover, not his bride - he dumps her a week before the wedding.

This is the Crypt episode mentioned above, I *think*.
posted by iconomy at 6:57 AM on July 17, 2007

You might want to ask FlickChick. She's really, really good at identifying horror movies/shows.
posted by bluefly at 7:28 AM on July 17, 2007

jruckman, any comments?
posted by iconomy at 4:25 PM on July 17, 2007

« Older Rudolph the Red Footed Raynaud's Victim?   |   Guide me on obituary/wake invitation design for a... Newer »