Used Musical Instruments in Vancouver BC

Vancouver, BC: Can you recommend a used-musical-instrument store?

I'm not interested in guitars, but I like obsolete gadget zithers (warning: sound), weird percussion, and old synthesizers.

If you're familiar with Seattle's Trading Musician, that's pretty close. Antique stores that carry stuff like this are also a possibility.
posted by Karlos the Jackal to Shopping (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

One of my housemates is seriously into old synths and spends a lot of time at Not Just Another Music Store, on Granville & 6th.
posted by solid-one-love at 6:36 AM on July 16, 2007

I've always thought of NJAMS as a guitar shop, but maybe that's observer bias.

I can't think of anything with the inventory of the Trading Musician here. You might get lucky in a pawn shop (heck you might even recover some of your own stuff), but I've found them to be either full of junk or exorbitantly over-priced.
posted by timeistight at 11:58 AM on July 16, 2007

I forgot about The Captain on Alma (I think he has another store in North Van but I've never been in it). There's always lots of interesting looking stuff in there.
posted by timeistight at 2:35 PM on July 16, 2007

OK, just checked with the roomie -- turns out that he goes there for other things, and I got my wires crossed. He recommends Synthesis Vancouver, however, a local blog, as a good point of contact for other locals into used synths.
posted by solid-one-love at 10:12 PM on July 16, 2007

« Older Is VYPER worth it?   |   Spectral Similarity: I've heard that one before! Newer »