God it sucks being poor and needing furniture.

Do you have any experience with bellacor furniture, Advanced interior designs or any other affordable online modern-ish mid-century-ish stores? Or offline ones in the DC area for that matter?

I really like this Lazos coffee table at Advanced Interior Designs. And this one at Bellacor. And a whole bunch of other stuff at both stores. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with either store and how they are in terms of quality of furniture and customer service.

If you're against buying knockoffs (please note that I can't even figure out what the original of this table is, DWR has failed me, as has Google), can you recommend anything similar for under $300 that will look nice with this sofa in a smallish space in a long narrow room? The space is by the window so bright and is about 12x12 out of a 12x36 room, and will also contain a small dark TV stand (suggestions for that are also welcome) and a sleek dark chocolate-ish leather armchair.

(yes, I know everybody owns this sofa and I am being totally unoriginal, but it's pretty and ridiculously comfy)
posted by echo0720 to Home & Garden (3 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

Lamps Plus has a fairly extensive home decor section.

I picked up this American Mission Walnut Finish Coffee Table for my pad because I needed a coffee table with a shelf on it for my projector/dvd/cable box/xbox to sit on.

Isn't it amazing how much money it takes to furnish your first place?
posted by TheDude at 9:56 AM on June 12, 2007

I got a great deal on a lovely lamp from bellacor, good stuff (much better price than LampsPLus)
posted by zeoslap at 10:10 AM on June 12, 2007

Bellacor is nice. Also try Chiasso for designer-type things that aren't ridiculously expensive.

DWR should be sued for false naming.

TheDude: Yes.
posted by softlord at 6:45 PM on June 12, 2007

« Older Windows 2003 and USB wifi NIC?   |   How to get an external drive backed up Newer »