I'd like some continuity please.

Is there a way to set up Preview and the preview in TexShop to display the pdf in continuous mode rather than one-single-page-at-a-time mode? I know you can do this for each document individually through the menus (or by right-clicking), but is there some hidden preference (in the plist?) that I can change to coerce Preview and TexShop to display in continuous mode by default?
posted by Friday to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

If you use the hyperref package with LaTeX, include the option pdfpagelayout=OneColumn when loading hyperref. That should ensure the resulting pdf always opens in continuous mode.
posted by Wolfdog at 3:39 AM on June 4, 2007

My TeXShop defaults to continuous mode. Deleting TeXShop.plist doesn't affect this so it seems to be the default in my version, which is Version 2.10beta8 (210).
posted by beniamino at 5:47 AM on June 4, 2007

I could be totally hallucinating this, but I have a vague recollection of this behavior changing between versions of TexShop.

Maybe it had to do with something else that I changed at the same time, but I could swear that a few years ago, TexShop only displayed one page at a time (I recall editing a big paper for publication using it like that, and clicking the PgForward/PgBack buttons a lot), but when I just fired it up, it was in continuous mode from the start.

What version are you running?
posted by Kadin2048 at 8:29 AM on June 4, 2007

My TeXShop also defaults to continuous mode. I got it about a month ago (maybe a little longer) so I'd try the latest version.
posted by crinklebat at 5:02 PM on June 4, 2007

Response by poster: @Kedin2048 and crinklebat: I used to run version 2.10b8 of texShop. It has (like Preview) never defaulted to continuous mode, and so I always end up having to right-click the particular document I'm editing to change this the first thing I do. I tried to update to the latest version (2.10b10) but still no luck.

@Wolfdog: I did try using hyperref like so: "\usepackage[pdfpagelayout=OneColumn]{hyperref}", but it still previews one page at a time as default.
posted by Friday at 12:21 AM on June 5, 2007

« Older Is this substation a problem?   |   Magical thinking not so magical. Newer »