Saving & Organizing Screenshots

I am trying to come up with a way to save and organize screen shots pulled from web pages. I don't have any issues with obtaining the screen shots, my problem is that I can't think of a simple way of getting the images online in an organized manner. Ideally I would like to just be able to grab a region of a web page, paste in into an application, tag it or rename it or whatever, submit it and be done with it. I have XP at work and OS X at home. Although not mandatory it would be nice if I could follow the same process of saving/organizing the images from either location. Does anyone have any ideas?
posted by superduperfly to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Get a Flickr account and upload them with tags?
posted by chrismear at 11:15 AM on May 6, 2007

Seconding Flickr. Get the Flickr Uploader. You can get it for Mac and Windows.

It allows bulk tagging and uploading.
posted by The Deej at 11:22 AM on May 6, 2007

Google Notebook?
posted by drezdn at 1:03 PM on May 6, 2007

If you use your Mac, definitely use the Flickr plugin for Quicksilver. It is tres quick and easy and you never have to touch an application or web browser.
posted by sneakin at 1:11 PM on May 6, 2007

Evernote does exactly what you describing.
posted by xammerboy at 2:08 PM on May 6, 2007

SnagIt
posted by Corky at 9:31 AM on May 7, 2007

« Older Does the smell of cinnamon really neutralize the...   |   Help with rental damage (pictures included) Newer »