(3-Glycidoxypropyl)-trimethoxysilane or (3-Glycidoxypropyl)-trimithoxysilane?
May 5, 2007 11:39 AM   Subscribe

Microsoft Word/Office question: Can anyone recommend a good third-party add on dictionary for medical, technical and scientific terms?

I'm looking for something that is up to date and has good support, ie., is or can be updated regularly. Cost isn't really an issue.
posted by Zinger to Technology (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
This article has some suggestions. I can vouch for the Stedman's medical dictionary add-on.
posted by ikkyu2 at 11:49 AM on May 5, 2007

Response by poster: That appears to be subscriber only I'm afraid.
posted by Zinger at 12:09 PM on May 5, 2007

Google cache of ikkyu2's link.
posted by IvyMike at 12:46 PM on May 5, 2007

Odd, it wasn't subscriber-only when I linked to it.
posted by ikkyu2 at 3:33 PM on May 5, 2007

Check out wordweb,
It's an external program that I've used pretty effectively, there's a free version, a pay version plus you can pay extra for their additional word lists that contains "25 000 medical words, 16 000 legal words" (that info here)

you may want to contact them.
posted by stratastar at 7:35 PM on May 5, 2007

« Older Things to do in Salk Lake When You're (not) Dead   |   I need a list of campgrounds by province for a... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.