"Beasts Of England" recording?

So comrades, come rally,/ And the last fight let us face: in honor of May Day, can any of you prisoners of starvation tell me where can I find an audio recording of Orwell's "Beasts of England"?
posted by orthogonality to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Have you checked out this site? It's a pretty comprehensive collection of all things Orwellian and, for bonus irony points, it's Russian.
posted by humblepigeon at 2:21 AM on May 2, 2007

It seems that "Beasts of England" was changed to "Beasts of the World" in the filmed version and has slightly different lyrics, perhaps to appease the CIA. A version of the song is available on the soundtrack here.
posted by sharkfu at 6:34 AM on May 2, 2007

I bought a recording of the book a long time ago where it was sung, but don't remember the narrator.
posted by brujita at 8:57 PM on May 2, 2007

« Older What should I expect from a true crime...   |   Cheap Short-Term Storage Near San Francisco? Newer »