What good articles have you read at the Prelinger archives?

I just got a DVD burner and have been trolling through the amazing Prelinger archives, picking out interesting titles to burn to disk for living room viewing. Anybody want to recommend anything they've stumbled on here?
posted by stupidsexyFlanders to Education (6 answers total)

The drug addiction portion is particularly interesting. I just downloaded the homosexual one too which is a laugh riot:

"Then during lunch Ralph showed him some pornographic pictures... Jimmy knew he shouldnt be interested but he was curious. What Jimmy didn't know was that Ralph was sick. The sickness that was not visible like smallpox, but no less dangerious and contagious. A sickness of the mind. You see, Ralph was a homosexual...."
posted by Keyser Soze at 2:13 PM on March 20, 2004

I like the cartoons they made for kids to prepare them for nuclear war, ranging from cute ones like Gert the Turtle ("Duck and Cover"--a classic! with a catchy theme song!) to the more serious one about how kids may have to survive on their own for a while with no grown-ups around. Creepy stuff, but fun to watch in their own way.
posted by Asparagirl at 3:37 PM on March 20, 2004

The most popular list is a great place to start. Besides the usual suspects I'm fond of The Relaxed Wife.
posted by O9scar at 4:33 PM on March 20, 2004

Holy crap. This is great. I had no idea this existed! Are there any other resources like this?
posted by ssmith at 7:09 PM on March 20, 2004

i like these. they are all stopmotion lego animations from this community.
posted by mawlymawnster at 10:59 PM on March 20, 2004

Great stuff, and archive.org lets you download mpeg2, which will play directly on my cheap Apex dvd player.
posted by mecran01 at 6:32 AM on March 21, 2004

« Older Free Journalism, online?   |   I'm looking for examples of weak AI, aside from... Newer »