Tracking out of hours printer usage.

I want to keep an eye on out of hours printer usage.

I have someone who comes into work out of hours, and while I am fine with a bit of light printer use, browsing, use of the CD burner etc., I seem to be going through an awful lot of paper and toner. I suspect bulk printing is happening, and that's not okay.

I need to find a utility to keep track of how much is being printed, when it is being printed etc. I haven't had much luck with google. This utility should also be fairly invisible.

Freeware is good, but I'm not scared of paying for something like this as it will be useful in general tracking of consumables.

posted by tomble to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

Best answer: boom.
posted by phaedon at 10:37 PM on March 22, 2007

Best answer: 1 and 2
posted by phaedon at 10:38 PM on March 22, 2007

Response by poster: Great! These look perfect! Thanks, Phaedon!
posted by tomble at 11:11 PM on March 22, 2007

Not all of the answers are relevant to your situation, but you might try this previous thread. It also looks like there is a logging program suggested in there too.
posted by philomathoholic at 11:34 PM on March 22, 2007

Failing all that, there's always the webcam option.
posted by Mr. Gunn at 12:14 PM on March 23, 2007

« Older How do I make a book out of newspaper front pages?   |   Anyone know anything about "probate genealogy"? Newer »