Wanted: hemispherical magnifying glass
March 12, 2004 2:39 PM   Subscribe

My dad is looking for a hemispherical magnifier. [more inside]

He purchased a copy several years ago of the Compact Edition of the OED, which had a hemispherical glass magnifier that looks something like this paperweight. Now a friend wants to get one for herself, but he hasn't been able to track one down. Thoughts?
posted by Vidiot to Shopping (3 answers total)
Best answer: Like these? (scroll down to E, F, and G). See also here and here. Looks like the key words are "dome magnifier."
posted by monju_bosatsu at 2:55 PM on March 12, 2004

Some are also made for maps.
posted by Sangre Azul at 3:35 PM on March 12, 2004

Response by poster: Great! Just what we were looking for. (And thanks also, Sangre Azul, for the link to AS&S -- we've visited their Milwaukee store a few times, but had forgotten all about 'em.)
posted by Vidiot at 5:20 PM on March 12, 2004

« Older Help me troubleshoot my TypePad website   |   Hotmail inaccessable. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.