March 2, 2007 5:38 PM   Subscribe

Hair accessory filter! I recently saw someone wearing a hair accessory that was basically a jeweled chain going along her part. What is this accessory called?

I tried hair part jewelry hair jewelry accessory, etc etc, and found nothing.
posted by arielmeadow to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
I think it may be a "tikka," which I've seen on Indian women. Try asking at a local Indian shop?
posted by hooray at 7:06 PM on March 2, 2007

That would be my first guess too -- tikka pictures here for comparison.
posted by Smilla's Sense of Snark at 7:30 PM on March 2, 2007

It's a 'tika' ('tikka' is a, to the British anyway, chicken dish!)

Some affordable ones here, here and here.
posted by essexjan at 2:44 AM on March 3, 2007

Does anyone know how these are attached, exactly?
posted by yohko at 11:30 AM on March 5, 2007

« Older Help me find this website, if it still exists.   |   Will taking Adderall be a "permanent deferral"... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.