iTunes Downgrade Problem

I'm having a problem downgrading from iTunes 7 to iTunes 6...

I was running iTunes 6.0.4 on a G4 (733MHz, 1.5GHz RAM, 120GB HD) and received the prompt to upgrade to iTunes 7.0.2. I missed the system requirement for a 1GHz chip and sure enough, iTunes has been ABYSMALLY SLOW ever since. I followed several links and have downgraded to v6.0.4, however the archived 6.0.4 Library file has none of my songs, ratings, comments etc , since the v. 7 upgrade (naturally). All my songs are still in the iTunes Music folder of course...is there ANY WAY to simply have iTunes 6.0.4 scan the folder and build a new Library file?
posted by vronsky to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

In iTunes, choose "Add to Library" from the File menu. I don't think you'll get your ratings back this way, and I'm not sure about comments.
posted by reeddavid at 8:47 AM on February 24, 2007

For what it's worth, I have a 2.5GHz processor and Itunes 7 is unusably slow for me too. And yea, "Add to Library should work"
posted by octothorpe at 9:14 AM on February 24, 2007

Thanks reeddavid - that seems to have worked.
posted by vronsky at 9:55 AM on February 24, 2007

« Older Antidepressant side effects?   |   What are the best rules, formulas and tricks in... Newer »