Tax time!

I'm looking to find the right accountant. But I don't know where to start! Just a little bit

For the past five months I've been doing freelance animation work in Manhattan. I've been keeping track of my potential deductions, but I'd really like to find an accountant that is knowledgable, or has past experience working with people in my field. Is this prior experience important in an accountant, or will pretty much anyone be able to assist me properly with deductions and tax pointers specific to the design field?

Either way, where do people find accountants?
posted by still to Work & Money (5 answers total)

I don't know that you need someone who has specifically handled animators, but you should probably look for someone with substantial experience filing returns for artists, writers, and other self-employed people in general.

I just emailed you the name and number of my accountant, whom I recommend highly.
posted by staggernation at 6:18 PM on January 24, 2007

Well hey... does anybody know of a really good one in the Bay area? 'Cuz I DESPERATELY need to find a good one here.

I need the same kind of person, I'm a freelance artist & musician with a home office.
posted by miss lynnster at 6:50 PM on January 24, 2007

Send me a message and I'll direct you to someone who can help you pay less, hold onto more.
My email address is in my profile.
posted by elf27 at 8:58 PM on January 24, 2007

Ummm elf? No it's not.
posted by miss lynnster at 10:26 PM on January 24, 2007

crpbs@optonline.net
posted by elf27 at 5:52 AM on January 25, 2007

« Older Where to buy one-foot-square black bookcase?   |   How to not screw up my kid? Newer »