WTF Mac?!
January 12, 2007 1:34 PM   Subscribe

What is going on with my display? Some kind of "pan-and-scan" effect has been switched on and it's making me seasick.

Details: Mac OS, 10.3.9, G5 desktop. I was working in Photoshop when suddenly the whole screen zoomed out. Since the whole screen won't fit on the display the whole thing shifts around on the monitor in response to my cursor's position. Everything's gone all pixely too, like a jpeg with too much compression. Everything's umping around. Help! I need to get work done!
posted by lekvar to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Best answer: Press Command Option 8.
posted by Mwongozi at 1:36 PM on January 12, 2007

Response by poster: Ooog, thank you. I just found the "Zoom" feature in the Universal Access tab. What a horrible horrible thing. I'd been searching everywhere else.
posted by lekvar at 1:39 PM on January 12, 2007

Good for zooming into un-full-screen-able things though, like web videos. One the features I most miss when I use Windows.
posted by Mwongozi at 1:42 PM on January 12, 2007

A good practical joke would be to press command -f5. Turns on speech (also from Universal Access.
posted by filmgeek at 3:13 PM on January 12, 2007

Nah, the real practical joke is to press Command, Option, Control and 8 (all the modifier keys on the left of the spacebar, plus 8)-- you can do it in a way that's like you fell on the keyboard by accident and "broke it"... :P
posted by dmaterialized at 3:22 PM on January 12, 2007

« Older if I must drink, what may I drink?   |   Custom maps for reports Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.