What do we think of South University?

What is the quality of the Physician's Assistants master's program at South University in Savannah, GA?

After much thought and consideration, Savannah, GA seems to contain everything I hold in regard for where I'd like to move next - warm weather, access to bodies of water, southern charm and a PA program (at South University). As I was born and raised in the deep south, I have a general notion of what it will be like to live there which only leaves questions about the program I'd like to be a part of ... What do people in the field think about a PA Master's degree from South University? And perhaps more relevant, does it matter?
posted by oreonax to Education (3 answers total)

I haven't heard of South University. I'm from Augusta and live in Atlanta. But that's not *that* weird that I haven't heard of it. There are hundreds of universities in GA alone. Looking at their accreditation (from their about page), it looks like they are a private, for-profit university. Their accreditation body looks solid, if only regional. South University does grant PhDs, which is a good sign in general. Doesn't raise any flags for me. But as I said, though, I definitely can't say that I've heard of it.

Savannah is a great town, but I guess you already got that memo.
posted by zpousman at 5:07 PM on January 9, 2007

Regional accreditation for a university is the most rigorous and most important.
posted by HotPatatta at 9:22 PM on January 9, 2007

Thanks for the tips - I'll be looking into it some more when I visit!
posted by oreonax at 8:16 AM on January 10, 2007

« Older organizing written notes electronically   |   House Anxiety Newer »