Towel Design
February 16, 2004 7:00 PM   Subscribe

All of the towels in my house have a stitched patter a couple inches from the vertical end. Anyone have any idea where this came from, or what the function is? [MI]

While most of the time this only serves as useless decoration, occasionally it'll bunch up causing the towel to look more like a tootsie roll with the ends all splayed out. I'm assuming separate companies use different patterns, is there someone out there who can identify what towel company a towel is from because of the pattern?


patter = pattern. :)
posted by woil to Home & Garden (1 answer total)
To stop any fraying from continuing on down the towel, would be my guess. If it wasn't there, instead of getting frayed ends, the whole towel would fall apart.
posted by planetkyoto at 12:06 AM on February 17, 2004

« Older bounty billiards background theme?   |   Stock Photography Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.