Can I get folders included in Arrange functions, in Windows?

I'm running Windows XP Pro, and just the way my brain works, I like having some significant folders open (like the Desktop), and the most recently accessed or created folders down with the files - that is, a folder created two days ago will be near the bottom of an open explorer window, between the file created three days ago and the file I created now. I find it easier to organize things this way. However, Windows doesn't seem to want to let me do this with any Arrange By function, instead automatically shuttling all folders up at the top of the list, before any files.

Is there a way to change this? I'd really prefer it if I could just hit Arrange Icons By -> Time Modified, and have it include my folders in the sorting rather than sticking them at the top.
posted by kafziel to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

Well one way to get something closer is to use Arrange Icons By > Show in Groups.
posted by grouse at 6:11 AM on December 1, 2006

Response by poster: Hm ... were it possible to get rid of the headers, and ideally reverse the order so newer stuff's at the bottom, that would do it. Although it's not working on an open Desktop window.
posted by kafziel at 6:22 AM on December 1, 2006

« Older Is there an audio PVR for PC?   |   Digitial photo editing software that likes gMail Newer »