Where can I find something for my 11-month-old to sit in?

At an old daycare we used to take our son to, they had a little chair. It was made of wood and it only came up to my knees, if that. It was upright and had a belt to keep him in and a tray for him to slam his rattles against. It was like a miniature version of a high chair with the legs sawed-off to just a foot high or so. Where can I find something like this? We asked a few times, and they repeatedly told us that they got it from an educational supplies store, but they didn't know which one. I've called some education supply places out of the phone book, with no luck. Internet searches to this point turn up a lot of high chairs or chairs that are more appropriate for older children (he's less than a year old).

Does this type of chair have a particular name? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
posted by clearlynuts to Education (6 answers total)

Would this work?
posted by Sassyfras at 11:15 AM on November 7, 2006

I use this booster seat - I suppose you could not attach it to a chair, but I am not sure the safety of that.
posted by Monkey0nCrack at 11:15 AM on November 7, 2006

jinx!
posted by Sassyfras at 11:19 AM on November 7, 2006

here is a low chair which is part of a high chair.
posted by MonkeySaltedNuts at 11:46 AM on November 7, 2006

Best answer: Here is one that looks similar to what you are talking about. It might work perfect.
posted by Gooney at 12:46 PM on November 7, 2006

Response by poster: That's exactly what I was looking for, Gooney.

Thanks for all the tips, guys.
posted by clearlynuts at 1:02 PM on November 7, 2006

« Older Quality city puzzle   |   Where to buy Dark Town Newer »