Peel-off stretchy glue
November 7, 2006 9:08 AM   Subscribe

I need to attach a promotional magnet to a paper flyer. I'd like to use that peel-off adhesive often used to attach samples in magazine ads. What is it?

It's stretchy, clear, and doesn't leave sticky residue. I can't find anything like it from the standard office supply vendors, but I know it exists.
posted by donnagirl to Grab Bag (8 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
rubber cement?
posted by blind.wombat at 9:13 AM on November 7, 2006

Best answer: When I worked for a printing company, it was referred to as -- I swear to god -- snot glue. A Google search brings up a reference to "removable glue dots," which sounds like exactly what you need.
posted by junkbox at 9:15 AM on November 7, 2006

Best answer: According to my better half, "technically, fugitive glue. colloquially, bugger glue." At Hobby Lobby (where I've seen it sold), they call it "glue dots" -- it is used in scrapbooking.
posted by adamrice at 9:17 AM on November 7, 2006

On postview, I think that was a typo for "booger glue"
posted by adamrice at 9:18 AM on November 7, 2006

This to That is your source for everything you want to know (and more!) about glue. Their FAQ says:

I want the glue that's used to hold inserts in magazines
A very cool and specialized glue! It does its job then you can roll it into ball and ... well, have a ball with it. The glue that is used for "tip ins" (magazine jargon) is referred to as a Peel and Stick glue. The company that our magazine specialist uses in Canada is Reichold Chemicals and the product # is 84469. Reichold's phone number is 1-800-711-2405.

posted by Faint of Butt at 9:19 AM on November 7, 2006 [1 favorite]

Thirding "glue dots." When we got married about a year and a half ago, we used them (which if memory serves, cost about $4/100) to attach a "Remember the date" refrigerator magnet to the invitation.
posted by Doofus Magoo at 9:35 AM on November 7, 2006

What if you just used magnetic paper? Or, next time, get peel & stick magnets.
posted by snofoam at 9:55 AM on November 7, 2006

Response by poster: You are all awesome. Glue dots it is, and thanks for the Hobby Lobby tip, adamrice. I so wanted to use the words "snot-like" in my description, but feared it was an association that only I would make.
posted by donnagirl at 10:05 AM on November 7, 2006

« Older How are "calories burned" calculated for any given...   |   Fun/Romantic things to do around Jekyll Island, GA... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.