TEACH ME THE WAYS OF ELECTRONICA

I've fallen in love with Daft Punk's Discovery, and I know nothing about electronica, techno, etc - help me find more awesome stuff like this!

I've been pretty anti techno most of my life - always been a rock/blues/jazz etc guy, but a friend recently gave me a copy of Daft Punk's Discovery and I liked it. A lot. Like, it's been in my car cd player for a month.

Now I'm not anti electronic/synthy music at all, loves me some Devo, Kraftwerk, Ratatat, Beta Band, etc, but I've always been annoyed by the techno/raver culture, the "UNF UNF UNF" beats, etc...

This stuff though, I like. Does this mean I like house music? Progressive electronica? I just don't know what to look for more of! People who know about this genre I have unfairly shunned for far too long, set me straight on the righteous path to awesome synthy goodness!

If it's helpful, I like tracks like Aerodynamic and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger more, and more repetitive, UNFy techno-y sounding tracks like High Life less.
posted by stenseng to Media & Arts (44 answers total) 46 users marked this as a favorite

Mylo is quite close in spirit and tone to Daft Punk.