In search of a good mellow yoga class/instructor in Seattle...

Looking for a reputable yoga teacher around Capitol Hill... girlfriend can't handle the aggressive yoga (joint issues), and we are both looking for a more meditative environment than we've been exposed to previously. Any non-bikram recommendations are much appreciated!
posted by icetaco to Health & Fitness (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Hi,

I'm a yoga instructor - but all of my classes are in North Seattle. I went to teacher training with Jordan - who teaches at Santosha yoga in the Madison Valley area. We were trained in a gentle adaptive form of yoga called "viniyoga". Google for the style if interested.
posted by delladlux at 10:43 AM on October 25, 2006

Seattle Yoga Arts has a good gentle class, and is on 15th in Capitol Hill (near Group Health). It's Anusara style, which can be fairly intense in a regular class, but is not during the gentle class. I've been taking classes there for about a year and I really like all of the teachers. Also, 8 Limbs Yoga has a location in Capitol Hill and they have a large variety of classes. I've gone to a few drop-in classes there and really enjoyed it.
posted by jengineer at 12:08 PM on October 25, 2006

Della, are you teaching at that place in Greenwood? I picked up some of their flyers a while ago. [Sorry to post to the thread; she didn't have her email address in profile.]
posted by matildaben at 12:33 PM on October 25, 2006

« Older Speculation advertising.. where do I start?   |   Help me make some delicious soups! Newer »