Weird Boy in the Bathroom Movie

Please help me identify a freaky 1970's (maybe 1960's) movie! Plot inside.

Plot in a nutshell: "Weird" teenaged boy who is frequently bullied lives alone with mother. One day while walking home from high school, he accidentally murders a girl who is taunting him. When he tells his mother, she hides him from the police by walling over a small bathroom in the center of their house. Soon after, the mother leaves for several days to get an operation, but DIES. The house is sold, and a new family moves in, unaware of the crazy boy still living in the hidden bathroom, who spends his time painting psycho posters and spying on them through holes in the walls.

As a kid, I saw this TWICE on TV in the late 70's, and it FREAKED ME OUT. I'm not sure if it was a made-for-TV flick or not. I suspect it might have had the word "Weird" in the title, and I think the main character's name was Harold. In fact, I suspect it was called "Weird Harold," but can't find anything about it - and I have searched far and wide many times. Any help would be hugely appreciated - it's been driving me nuts!
posted by MaxVonCretin to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: "Bad Ronald."

Weird Harold was this Cosby kid.
posted by GaelFC at 2:52 PM on October 20, 2006

Best answer: GaelFC nailed it!

If you're looking for more info, downloads, discussions, and where to buy it, see these links:
One
Two
Three
Four
posted by NYScott at 3:41 PM on October 20, 2006

Dude, I loved that freakin' movie! And it weirded me out too!
posted by mattholomew at 5:28 PM on October 20, 2006

I asked this a long time ago. Weird how no one remembers the name of that movie.
posted by itchie at 10:13 PM on October 20, 2006

Response by poster: Bless you GaelFC! Bless you, NYScott! Ordering now for for Halloween viewing.

itchie - that's funny. prematurely senile minds think alike, eh? I've added more tags to this thread in the hopes that others might be spared our torment.

This is why me lurve the Metafilter.
posted by MaxVonCretin at 6:29 AM on October 21, 2006

« Older How can I get my Simpletech drive to mount in...   |   Read my lips? Newer »