Temporary Internet Files

I can't find my Temporary Internet Files in Windows XP! [more inside]

I did a search on Google, and found several suggestions which haven't helped. Most of them seem to think that I should have a folder such as, c:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Local Settings where the files would be, but I don't!

I'm logged in as the user in question while checking. I know that there *is* one; whenever I do a disk clean-up, I tend to delete the contents of it. What I'd like to do is browse the contents of it. Is that possible? If so, where the heck is it?

p.s. I know there are ways of changing the folder location without having to know where the other one is. So this is more a point of curiosity now.
posted by precocious to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

The "Local Settings" folder is hidden by default. Do Tools -> Folder Options and, on the View tab, change the radio button for "Show Hidden Files and Folders."
posted by Aaorn at 10:05 AM on January 24, 2004

Oh man, I feel like a dolt. Thanks, Aaorn! I guess I'm not accustomed to how XP likes to think it knows what I need and what I don't.
posted by precocious at 10:17 AM on January 24, 2004

XP likes to think it knows what I need and what I don't.

every version since Win95 has had file hiding turned on by default.
posted by quonsar at 9:00 PM on January 24, 2004

« Older Seeking a leather notebook cover to enclose a 3x5...   |   Anyone ever solved the mups.sys hangup on a... Newer »