Where can we get 40s and 50s-style pinup photos done?
September 24, 2006 6:20 PM   Subscribe

I'm looking for a place, preferably in New Jersey or surrounding (Philly, NYC count), where a quite lovely young woman can get 40's and 50's style pinup photos done. Both dressed and not-so. Any guidance?
posted by John Kenneth Fisher to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Response by poster: Though these aren't actually of that vintage, She's looking for things like this and the others like it here . (Some nudity and close-to-it in those)
posted by John Kenneth Fisher at 6:31 PM on September 24, 2006

I think that your question might be two-fold. My thoughts? If it were me, I would find a costume/makeup person to help me with the period styling and a second person, photographer who has done discreet photos before. Given a decent facsimile, any decent photographer can copy the lighting etc. Where more specific help is needed is in your styling. Good luck - sounds like fun!
posted by typewriter at 10:01 PM on September 24, 2006

There are several photographers that I could recommend in NYC (my boyfriend included), but I agree with typewriter that you'd need a good stylist for photos like that. If your lovely young woman has clothing that she'd like to wear for such a shoot, and the ability to do her own hair and makeup, it'd be easy to find a photographer to shoot her.
posted by bedhead at 11:22 PM on September 24, 2006

« Older Mmm, how gothic   |   ICE: dept of homeland security Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.