Resources for families of wartime sufferers?

I'm looking for an online resource for family members of people who suffered during wartime.

My father was a boy in Europe during World War II. He lost both his parents, and was left anguished and traumatized.

I'd like to find some resource for family members of people who suffered during wartime. It doesn't have to be focused on World War II Europe. I assume certain experiences would transcend time and place.

In addition, do you know of any resource where, even if it's not geared toward what I'm asking about, I might have a greater chance of meeting people with similar backgrounds?

(If you think it's relevant, we're not Jewish.)

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
posted by La Gata to Human Relations (1 answer total)

You might start out by looking at the website for the Center for Victims of Torture. They may be able to direct you to what you're looking for, or have some helpful content.
posted by footnote at 1:53 PM on September 17, 2006

« Older Is it pig blood?   |   How do I get my files off my dying laptop? Newer »