WindowsXP window shadows?

Is there any freeware app that will give you window shadows a la OSX in WindowsXP?
I have tried windowFX, which works but isn't free, and have heard of YZ Shadow, which is free but unavailable.
posted by signal to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

YZShadow does work. There's a small performance hit if you have a slow machine -- I found it pretty obvious (though not irritating) on a 500MHz PIII with a cruddy and ancient laptop video chip -- but on anything reasonably modern you won't notice.

If you can't dig up a copy, send me some mail and I'll shoot it over to you. I've also got the hard-to-find YZDock, a fairly decent OSX Dock implementation for Windows, if you're interested in that, and I'm pretty sure the license for both permits redistribution.
posted by majick at 11:18 AM on January 14, 2004

As I understand it the application, Mobydock is a better OSX like implementation then the aforementioned YZDock. Although without having tried YZDock I can't be sure, but I've been happy with Mobydock.
posted by mhaw at 12:40 PM on January 14, 2004

Hmm - anything of the sort for Win98, by any chance? Mobydock looks like it could be useful, but I still haven't bit the bullet and upgraded.
posted by wanderingmind at 1:58 PM on January 14, 2004

« Older Can you use an IBM-Formatted Zip disk on a Mac?...   |   How long will the mechanics of a 2002 Imapala LS... Newer »