Where's a good place to find self-catering family accommodation in Paris?

Me, wife, kids, sister and Mum want to spend the October half-term week (the last full week of October) in Paris. Hotels don't work well with tinies, so we're looking for a self-catering apartment. Where would MeFites recommend, or recommend looking? Not fussed about location (within reason), but we like the 5e and 6e. We aren't on our upppers, but price is a factor (we only live in Brighton so this is more bonus extra holiday than Trip of a Lifetime). Happy to use a company, or arrange something privately - even a house swap if people fancy a week in Britain's shingle capital.
posted by athenian to Travel & Transportation around Paris, France (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Paris Vacation Apartments. Recommended them on here before and would not hesitate to again. The best service and accomodation I have experienced anywhere for the money and when I am in Paris I always stay with them if I can get the dates. You may struggle to get the availability at such short notice. Availability is posted on the website and be sure to take a look at the numerous reviews for each property.

Also, while I haven't stayed with them, these folk impressed me in my dealings with them and they have some decent properties.
posted by fire&wings at 3:31 PM on September 1, 2006

I would also suggest this site where there are hundreds of apartments which can be rented privately, and you can browse by arrondissement. Looked at it a few times, but I have never used it.
posted by fire&wings at 3:40 PM on September 1, 2006

« Older Computer speakers?   |   Boo! I just MacPwned you. Newer »