What was this song called?

Remember the computer game, "The 7th Guest"? If you put the game CD into a stereo instead of into your computer, there was a song that played that I don't think was found anywhere else in the game. Anybody know what it was called and who it was by?
posted by BuddhaInABucket to Grab Bag (9 answers total)

All the music was by The Fat Man. Wikipedia has the details.
posted by ewagoner at 7:47 AM on August 31, 2006

From the Wikipedia article on the game:
The second disc of the CD-ROM set included a very large single audio track playable on any regular CD player. In total, the track was over an hour long and it included both the in-game music, composed by already leading video game musician George "The Fat Man" Sanger, and two live music recordings: "The Game", whose melody in various permutations and stylistic variations became the background music for most of the game (as well as the theme for a piano puzzle) and whose lyrics were based on Stauf's twisted plot, and "Skeletons in My Closet", a jazzy tune with a female lead voice which was the ending-credits theme.
posted by beaucoupkevin at 7:48 AM on August 31, 2006

Curse you, ewagoner! Curse you!
posted by beaucoupkevin at 7:49 AM on August 31, 2006

The music from 7th Guest and 11th Hour are available on the album 7/11. availble directly from The Fat Man. The song you are probably remembering, "Skeletons in My Closet", is avialble from him as a free MP3.
posted by ewagoner at 7:51 AM on August 31, 2006

Ah... turns out it's just a "preview", but that ought to wet the whistle.
posted by ewagoner at 7:52 AM on August 31, 2006

If you popped the Warcraft II CD-ROM in a CD player, you could hear a secret song called "I'm a Medieval Man."
posted by Iridic at 8:24 AM on August 31, 2006

I think the song you're remembering -- or at least, the one that stands out in my memory -- is The Game, which was a slightly spooky pop song kind of thing.
posted by dseaton at 8:31 AM on August 31, 2006

Might be The Game -- there's an MP3 preview for that one, too.
posted by ewagoner at 8:55 AM on August 31, 2006

Wow, I wasn't expecting this many answers... the song was The Game, and I haven't the naryest idea why I even remember it... but thanks for filling me in!
posted by BuddhaInABucket at 6:05 PM on August 31, 2006

« Older Upgrade from W2K to XP   |   It's snot right Newer »